Popular Links :
Home » , , » Ancelotti appointed PSG manager

Ancelotti appointed PSG manager

Saturday, December 31, 2011 5:56 AM


Paris Saint-Germain have confirmed the appointment of Carlo Ancelotti as the club's new coach.

The 52-year-old has signed a two-and-a-half year contract and replaces Antoine Kombouare in the Parc des Princes hotseat.

He will also bring with him former Chelsea and France midfielder Claude Makelele and former AC Milan fitness coach Giovanni Mauri.

Speaking at a press conference alongside sporting director Leonardo on Friday, Ancelotti cited the lure of realising the potential of the French giants as his reasoning behind agreeing to take charge, despite numerous offers from England.

"I accepted the challenge because I think that I can do a good job and PSG can become a big club in Europe," said Ancelotti.

"I had plenty of calls regarding work in England and my experiences there were very good."

"However, everything is in place here to do very well and the club has great ambitions. I am attracted by the project."

PSG were recently given a significant cash injection by the Qatar Investment Authority, who purchased the club in May, and subsequently paved the way for heavy expenditure on new players.

However, while both parties have discussed the possibility of making more additions during January, Ancelotti revealed his priority is to bring attractive football to PSG, while discussing the chances of signing trio Alexandre Pato, Didier Drogba and Florent Malouda.

"I've not come here to change everything. PSG are top of Ligue 1. I want us to be dynamic, attractive but also efficient," he affirmed.

"I have good relationship with (Drogba and Malouda). But bringing them here is another thing. We've not spoken about them."

"Pato is a player with whom I've kept up great relations. It's that way with many of my old players," enthused Ancelotti. "But it pleased me when Pato spoke well of me."

"That said, he's a AC Milan player and for him to come, conditions must be met. Firstly, his club must want to sell him. Secondly it's necessary that there are conditions under which we can sign him."

Meanwhile, Leonardo offered an update on the situation of David Beckham, who has been linked with a move to PSG in recent weeks, and claimed that the decision lays with the Englishman.

"I believe that Beckham has an enormous impact among the media. But we've never said that it's done with him."

"We have a very good rapport, but I don’t know if that will work with David Beckham. For him, this is a familial choice. He is currently in LA, with his family."

"He must spend time there to reflect on his personal life, but nothing is done. I don't know what he'll do," he concluded.

Ancelotti's first match will be against former club AC Milan, in a glamour friendly clash in Dubai on January 4.

0 comments:

Post a Comment