Popular Links :
Home » , , » Cole beleives staying at Lille makes sense

Cole beleives staying at Lille makes sense

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 6:46 AM


On-loan Liverpool midfielder Joe Cole insists it would "make sense" for him to remain with French side Lille at the end of the season.

Cole is currently on a season-long spell at the Ligue 1 champions and has made 15 appearances for Rudi Garcia's side so far, grabbing three goals in the process to aid Lille's run of 17 games unbeaten in France's top-flight.

Cole said he is enjoying life in Ligue 1 and can see himself becoming a more permanent fixture of the make-up of the French outfit, even after his loan deal expires.

"Right now, I'm really happy at Lille," Cole told Sky Sports News. "I'm playing, and I'm playing well, so basically everything's on track."

"If things continue like this, it would make sense for me to stay at Lille. In footballing terms, things are going really well, especially given the fact that I didn't play much for Liverpool last season."

"I've started off well here and I'm going to keep getting better and better."

Lille are third in Ligue 1, four points behind league-leaders Paris Saint-Germain.

0 comments:

Post a Comment