Popular Links :
Home » , , » Donovan eager to help Everton

Donovan eager to help Everton

Saturday, December 31, 2011 5:59 AM




Everton loan signing Landon Donovan believes he is at the peak of his career as he prepares for his second stint at Goodison Park.

The United States international and Los Angeles Galaxy forward impressed in his loan spell at Everton in January 2010, netting twice in 13 games.

With the MLS season over, Donovan, 29, will return to Everton on a two-month loan as David Moyes looks to give his side spark in the attacking third.

Donovan said on Friday he felt he was in the best form of his career after improving since his last spell in the English Premier League.

"Confidence is always important as a football but I think more importantly, I'm more experienced and better player than I was two years ago and, before you hit the back end of your career physically, you get better (mentally)," he said.

"I feel like I've grown a lot over the last two years. I had a World Cup in between that helped a lot. I feel like these are the best years of my career."

Donovan is likely to feature for 10th-placed Everton against Bolton on January 4, while his last appearance in the two-month loan deal could be the Merseyside derby at Liverpool on February 25.

The former Bayer Leverkusen forward said he was ready for the pressure of needing to provide almost immediately in the front third.

"All athletes at this level have a responsibility and come under pressure and it's something you deal with," Donovan said.

"The beauty of this for me is that I want to enjoy myself. Last time I played best when I was enjoying myself."

New York Red Bulls forward Thierry Henry is set to return to Arsenal on a two-month loan deal, and Donovan backed the Frenchman to have an impact.

"I played against him four times this year and he's a very good player," Donovan said.

"He doesn't look like he's lost much pace at all. He's a class guy and a very good player and there's no question he will help Arsenal if he goes."

0 comments:

Post a Comment