Popular Links :
Home » , , » Fabregas wants to play for Arsenal again

Fabregas wants to play for Arsenal again

Monday, December 26, 2011 6:47 AM

Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas has spoken of his desire to one day play for Arsenal again.

The Spanish international left the Emirates Stadium in the close season after a protracted transfer saga involving the Gunners and the club where he started his career.

The 24-year-old eventually joined the European champions for an initial fee of 25 million pounds, but says that leaving north London was a deeply emotional time for him.

"If I have to leave Barcelona, I will go back to Arsenal - I would like to," Fabregas told Sky Sports News.

"I am not embarrassed to say that the day I left I could only say 'Thank you very much', I couldn't say more."

"I'm not embarrassed to say that I nearly cried."

"Arsene Wenger, I have never met someone that loyal. He is one of the best, I really believe that."

Fabregas has scored eight goals in 12 appearances in La Liga this season, while at the same time contributing five assists.

0 comments:

Post a Comment